What is Therapeutic Exercise?
Therapeutic exercise is a set of specific exercises that aim to correct problems arising from degenerative diseases, loss of flexibility due to age, injuries. These exercises are based on body movements that have to be prescribed by a professional specialized in the area of physical activity, which eventually allow to recover mobility, lost functions, reduce health risk factors or improve, restore or enhance physical functioning.
Overall, these exercises aim to optimize overall health, physical fitness and sense of well-being, as well as improve self-esteem.
Therapeutic exercise techniques
● Joint mobility: movement exercises for all joints of the body.
● Cardiovascular exercises: basic aerobic movements to get the blood circulation rolling.
● Balance and coordination exercises: exercises that will allow us to have better agility.
● Strength work: basic toning exercises.
● Stretching: stretching the muscles of the body.
● Postural control work.
● Breathing exercises.
Many have already signed up for Therapeutic Exercise.